What is the passive account fee and why is it being introduced?
The passive account fee is a charge that applies to accounts that have been inactive for a period of 90 days. This fee is being introduced to ensure that we can continue offering a high quality of service, while maintaining a fully compliant and secure product.
How is "activity" defined?
Activity is defined as a period during which account activity has occurred within the past 90 days. Following the conditions below you can ensure that your account is considered as active:
- You've completed at least one crypto buy or sell trade of any amount;
- You've opened or closed at least one CFD (Contract for Difference) trade or you have an open CFD position;
- You have received at least one staking reward in the past 90 days;
- You’ve made at least one purchase with the Change card using crypto;
What actions in the app are considered "inactive"?
The following actions in the app are considered inactive and will not prevent the passive account fee from being charged:
- Trading with CNG tokens;
- Cryptoasset transactions which occur automatically in order to meet the passive account fee;
- Fiat and crypto deposits and withdrawals;
- Paying with Change card using a Euro wallet;
- Receiving a reward or bonus;
- Opening a limit or stop order (order not executed yet);
When is the passive account fee charged?
The passive account fee is charged on the 19th day of every month. On the 19th of every month, the system will review the past 90 days and determine if there has been activity and whether the fee should be charged.
How is the passive account fee charged?
The fee is charged from your “Available Euro - Crypto” balance. If you only have crypto holdings and insufficient or zero “Crypto Euro” balance, then the system will sell a cryptoasset amount required to meet the passive account fee. The priority of cryptoassets chosen will be determined by the market cap of cryptoassets from largest to smallest.
The “Stocks, Indices & Margin” account will not be affected by this fee.
Will the fee apply even if my account balance is low or zero?
If your account has been inactive for more than 90 days and you have less than €20 on your Change account, then all the remaining sum will be charged.
If your balance is zero, it will stay as it is. Your account balance can't go negative or into debt.
If I have a private person account connected to my business account, will the private person account be charged?
No, private person accounts connected to business accounts will not be charged the passive account fee.