Placing a Stop Order allows you to ensure that an owned asset is sold to prevent loss (sometimes referred to as “stop loss”), but also can be used when buying. And it will be executed at your target price or slightly lower (sell) or above (buy), based on how quickly the market moves.
You can set a Stop Order following simple steps.
- Tap on the Prices tab in the bottom of the screen
- Choose your desired asset
- Select Buy or Sell
- In the upper-right corner of the screen tap on Market order and select Stop Order
- Read the Stop Order brief explanation
- Specify the maximum price per coin that you’re willing to buy or sell at
- Enter the amount you would like to buy or sell; preview and confirm
Creating a Stop Order will immediately lock your balance for the amount of that order. You can still view how much of a particular asset (including Euro) you own from the portfolio screen; however, you cannot invest that balance until the Stop Order is canceled or completed.
If you have further questions, please contact our support team via the app or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.